Niantic has released a new update for Pokemon GO, as well as the full patch notes. The game us now up to version 1.39.0 on iOS and 0.69.0 on Android. The update fixes several issues with Gyms, and also adds several new features, such as the ability to send Berries to your Pokemon remotely through the info screen. In short, the point of the patch is to further improve the new Pokemon GO Gyms.
There’s a new update out for Pokemon GO, and it brings several interesting new features. For one, you can now feed Berries to your defending Pokemon via the info screen without being close by. However, the Pokemon will regain less motivation that way. Another interesting addition is that you’ll now be able to feed Berries to all Pokemon in Gyms even when their Motivation is full. Does this mean that we can now feed Pokemon to make them even stronger than when they went into the Gym? We’ll have to see.
There are several other new features, as well as “various bug fixes”. You can check out the full patch notes from the Pokemon GO Update 0.69.0 for Android and 1.39.0 for iOS below.
- Added icons to the Pokémon information screen to indicate how the Pokémon was caught.
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
- Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
- Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers were unable to complete Raid Battles started before time expired on the map view.
- Fixed an issue where Pokémon are not properly returned to their Trainer after defending a Gym.
- Various bug fixes.