The Pokemon GO Scyther weakness, moveset and counters are all required knowledge if you want to fight it in a Raid. Having a solid idea of what awaits you in these fights lets you plan your team accordingly, stacking it with Pokemon that are strong against Scyther attacks while having attacks of their own that will deal maximum damage. So, let’s dive in.
Pokemon GO Scyther Weakness, Moveset and Counters
The Pokemon GO Scyther moveset, weakness and counters are necessary to know if you want to face it in Raids. So, first off, what is Scyther weak against? Being a Bug/Flying Pokemon, it is extremely vulnerable to Rock attacks, taking up to 256% damage from them. You can also use Ice, Fire, Electric and Flying attacks, which deal 150% damage. On the other hand, it’s resistant against Bug attacks, even more resistant to Fighting and Grass, and completely shrugs off Ground attacks.
As for its moveset, well, let’s go over some of its most common moves in Raids. Its quick attacks are usually Fury Cutter (Bug) and Air Slash (Flying), while charged attacks include X-Scissor (Bug), Aerial Ace (Flying) and Night Slash (Dark). That means that, ideally, you want to have a posse that’s strong against Bug, Flying and Dark attacks while dealing Rock, Ice, Fire, Electric or Flying damage. So, to complete our Pokemon GO Scyther Weakness, Moveset and Counters guide, let’s go through some examples of Pokemon that are good against it in raids. These are just suggestions; if you have any other builds you like, share them with us in the comments.
- Aerodactyl with Rock Throw and Rock Slide
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Terrakion with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Landrous with Smack Down or Rock Throw and Rock Slide or Stone Edge
- Tyranitar with Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Gigalith with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Golem (either regular or Alolan) with Roxk Throw and Stone Edge
- Omastar with Rock Throw and Rock Slide