Niantic has rolled out the much-anticipated new Pokemon GO Update, which adds a whole bunch of new gym features and Raid Battles. The full patch notes reveal even more new things, such as the search function in the Pokemon Collection, an indicator for unvisited PokeStops, and more. The update is version 0.67.1 for Android and 1.37.1 for iOS.
There’s one thing a lot of both critics and trainers can agree about Pokemon GO: The Gym mechanics haven’t been terribly interesting. Well, Niantic has decided to shake things up by adding new features and revamping how Gyms work. They also aim to boost the cooperative gameplay aspect by introducing Raid Battles, in which trainers will have to work together to bring down a powerful boss Pokemon.
We’ve written recently about new gym features and Raid Battles in Pokemon GO, so you can check out that article for more details. As for the rest of the update, it actually adds two new features that have nothing to do with Gyms or raids, but nevertheless sound very useful.
The first one is the addition of the search function to the Pokemon collection. That way, you’ll be able to quickly find the Pokemon you want by searching the nickname, species, type or Pokedex number. The second feature is a visual indicator of unvisited PokeStops. This isn’t the same thing as the Stop turning purple when you spin the Photo Disc. The game will now show you which PokeStops you’ve never visited before.
You can check out the full patch notes from the new update below.
- Gym features significantly updated to add the all-new motivation system.
- Added new Gym Badge feature.
- Added in-app and push notification system for Gyms.
- Added Raid Battles, a new cooperative gameplay experience.
- Added four new items available only by completing Raid Battles.
- Added Raids tab to Nearby screen.
- Added search functionality to Pokémon collection screen.
- Added visual indicator to unvisited PokéStops.