In our Pokemon GO Virizion Counters, Best Moveset & Weakness guide, we are going to tell you everything you need to know to fight the five-star Raid boss efficiently. It is going to be active between December 1st and December 8th, so it’s time to start preparing. With that said, let’s see what the best counters for Virizion are, what its biggest weakness is, and more.
Pokemon GO Virizion Counters & Weakness
Let’s begin with the best Virizion counters in Pokemon GO and its weakness before we dive into the moveset. First off, its major weakness are Flying attacks, which deal 256% damage. It also fares poorly against Fire, Psychic, Poison, Ice and Fairy attacks, all of which deal 160% damage. Stay away from Water, Grass, Electric, Dark, Ground and Rock attacks. With all of that said, here’s a list of Pokemon to use against Virizion.
- Moltres (Shadow or regular) with Wing Attack and Sky Attack
- Staraptor (Shadow or regular) with Gust and Brave Bird
- Mega Pidgeot with Gust and Brave Bird
- Rayquaza with Air Slash and Hurricane
- Yveltal with Gust and Hurricane
- Honchcrow (Shadow or regular) with Peck and Sky attack or Brave Bird
- Braviary (regular or Hisuian) with Air Slash and Brave Bird
- Tornadus (regular or Incarnate) with Air Slash and Hurricane
- Ho-oh (Shadow or regular) with Hidden Power and Brave Bird
- Galarian Articuno with Psycho Cut and Brave Bird
- Lugia (Shadow or regular) with Extrasensory and Aeroblast
- Kartana with Air Slash and Aerial Ace
Pokemon GO Virizion Best Moveset
Now that we know the best counters against Virizion in Pokemon GO and what its major weakness is, let’s cover the moveset. Now, this Pokemon is a dual Grass / Fighting type, and so it’s best to stick to its strengths. The ideal combo would be Double Kick (Fighting) as the Quick Move and Sacred Sword (Fighting) as the Charged Move. Granted, the latter is an Elite TM, so you can substitute it with Leaf Blade (Grass) instead.
With that said, there are other combinations you can gun for, if they work better for you. Virizion can also have Quick Attack (Normal) and Zen Headbutt (Psychic) as Quick Attacks. As far as Charged Attacks go, the list includes Close Combat (Fighting) and Stone Edge (Rock). So, go with whatever your preferences are.