Buying poke balls in Pokemon Sword & Shield will allow you to be prepared for every eventuality. There are a bunch of different kinds of poke balls, all good for different situations. For instance, a quick ball is more efficient in the first turn, while the timer ball works better in later turns. While things like the Master Ball can only be obtained in specific ways, a large number of them can be bought from various Watt traders, vendors and Pokemon Centers. In this guide, we’re going to show you where to buy love, net, quick, time ball in Pokemon Sword & Shield.
Where to buy poke balls?
There are many traders you can buy poke balls from, but not all balls can be purchased. Also, keep in mind that Watt Traders have a rotating inventory – their stock changes each day, so there’s no telling which one has what at any given point. Here’s a list of all the balls you can buy, and the names of the places where you can do so:
|Dive Ball||Better chance of catching underwater pokemon||Hammerlocke Pokemon Center|
|Dusk Ball||Higher chance of catching pokemon in the dark||Hammerlocke Pokemon Center|
|Heal Ball||Heals pokemon caught with it and cures status effects||Motostoke Pokemon Center|
|Luxury Ball||Increase friendship gain rate||Wyndon Pokemon Center|
|Nest Ball||Better chance of catching low level pokemon||Motostoke Pokemon Center|
|Net Ball||Higher chance of catching water or bug type pokemon||Motostoke Pokemon Center|
|Quick Ball||Better chance of catching pokemon in the first turn||Wyndon Pokemon Center|
|Repeat Ball||Higher chance of catching pokemon you’ve already caught||Wyndon Pokemon Center|
|Timer Ball||Higher chance of catching pokemon in later turns||Hammerlocke Pokemon Center|
Where to buy love ball?
As far as we can tell, you can’t. That’s one of the balls that can only be acquired through playing the game – we got one love ball from an NPC in Balonlea Stadium. Here’s a list of all the other balls you can’t purchase from vendors:
- Beast Ball – A ball with low chances of catching a pokemon. No idea what it’s meant to do.
- Dream Ball – Higher chance of catching a sleeping pokemon
- Friend Ball – Makes caught pokemon more friendly
- Heavy Ball – Higher chances of catching heavy pokemon
- Love Ball – Better chances of catching a pokemon of the opposite gender
- Lure Ball – Higher chances to catch fished-up pokemon
- Master Ball – It’ll always result in a catch
- Moon Ball – Better chances of catching a pokemon that requires a Moon Stone to evolve