Plains are the penultimate biome in Valheim in terms of difficulty, home to a lot of dangerous enemies like the Lox. The difficulty curve takes a sharp upward turn once you take your first steps on the yellow grass. If you just stumble into it like you did with the previous places you’ve visited, you’re bound to die quickly and painfully. If you want to avoid that, keep reading our guide on how to survive plains in Valheim – we’ll share some tips and tricks to help you last longer in this harsh biome.
Valheim plains tips & tricks
Up until the plains, you could just leave your current biome once you have the armor and weapons that belong there, struggle a bit in the next one till you get your first weapon, and then you’re golden. That is no longer the case in the plains. You’ll run into a spear wielding Fuling soon enough, and while men make plans, Fulings laugh. So here’s a list of things you should do, and keep track of:
- Bring your best food with you. You need as much health and stamina as you can get.
- Avoid entering the plains when it’s raining. You don’t need the wet and cold debuffs.
- Make sure you’re rested before you enter.
- Make a tiny house with a fire, a workbench and bed nearby, just in case.
- Move slowly and constantly scan your surroundings.
- When you run into a group of enemies, try pulling them away one by one – you don’t stand a chance against the whole group.
- As soon as you have some materials, return to base to make better food and gear.
- Deathsquitos drop needles that can be used to craft better weapons and arrows.
- Fulings drop black metal, which can be used to make better armor.
- The deathsquitos will outrun you.
- You can safely deal with most enemies by sniping them from a rock – the exceptions are Fuling Berserkers and Lox. They can destroy rocks.
- While running away, avoid getting stuck in a dead end – you won’t be able to access your body and dropped gear easily once you die and resurrect.
If you have any more tips, feel free to share them in the comments.