Ubisoft just revealed a huge free update for Watch Dogs 2. The full patch 1.13 notes are available, and they include a lot of new content, a new online mode, the Loot Truck Event etc. There’s also various game improvements and bug fixes, as well as PC-specific ones.
Fans of Watch Dogs 2 have a lot to look forward to. The game just got a huge update to version 1.13, and it adds a lot of stuff added to the game. There’s Showd0wn, the new online mode; online races, the Loot Truck event etc. There’s also a bunch of improvements and bug fixes, some of which are PC-specific. Without further ado, let’s dive right in.
- New Online Mode: Showd0wn – this is a new type of online gameplay for 2v2 PVP matches that can be played with a friend, or through random matchmaking. Showd0wn will feature three types of objectives [Steal the HDD, Doom-load (KotH style), and Erase/Protect the Servers] across 15 distinct locations. This is a great endgame challenge to play with friends, provided you’re not a script kiddie and know how to use the tools in your arsenal.
- Online Races – Drone, motocross, and eKart races are getting multiplayer functionality! They will also have their own leaderboards, so you can use them to compete for season rewards.
- Loot Truck Event – These armored trucks will randomly appear in the world, offering you a chance to hack them and then defend against the flood of police that will be responding. These will not be easy to rob, but the cash and followers payout is fat.
- Paintball gun – This bad boy will be available in the 3D printer and can stun enemies with a barrage of paintballs. Fun fact: in PvP gameplay you opponents screen will be colored in paintball splashes when you attack them.
- New Clothes – 13 new clothing items are available in the various stores, as if you didn’t look fly enough already.
- “Bio Hacking” blocker – Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from completing this mission.
- Duplicate operations – Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing duplicate operation entries in the DedSec App.
- Key Data – We’ve updated some Key Data units with proper definition and descriptions on the map.
- Lots of other minor bug fixes and improvements we don’t want to bore you with.
- Fixed an issue when the game couldn’t be started in Steam after the download with “Launch the game as soon as it’s ready” option turned on.
- Fixed an issue when the San Francisco Fog was displaying incorrectly during rain.
- Fixed an issue when the game launched on laptops with integrated GPU, instead of dedicated.
- Lots of fixes to various minor issues with flickering, reflections, missing textures, windowed modes behavior, UI, text, online game modes, other stuff, yada yada.