Nintendo have revealed some details about the first piece of DLC for Zelda Breath of The Wild. It’s coming this summer, and it seems you can only buy it as part of the Expansions Pass, which costs $20. It’s going to add a new trial, a bunch of costumes, a Korok locator, hard mode and more.
Here’s a full list of things we’ll be getting:
- Trial of The Sword – A new trial in a “certain sacred place”. It requires you to clear waves of enemies, starting with no equipement or weapons. There will be 45 rooms to beat, and finishing the challenge will let you unlock the “true power” of the Master Sword. Hopefully it gets rid of the recharge timer.
- Hero’s Path mode – This fancy tools compiles the data from your last 200 hours of gameplay to show you Link’s trajectory through Hyrule. It’s supposed to let you know which parts of the land you haven’t explored fully, so you can visit them and find new adventures. It’s unclear whether it will work with save files from before the DLC.
- Hard Mode – If you think the combat is too easy, this might be just the thing for you. It’s going to bump every enemy up one level, and give them the ability to regenerate health. The description mentions chests and enemies in the sky as well, but we can’t make sense of that.
- Travel Medallion – A special medallion that will allow you to mark one location on your map and make a fast-travel point out of it. Sounds extremely useful. It’s going to be hidden in a chest somewhere, so we’ll definitely have to write a guide about it.
- New armor sets – Eight armor sets from previous Zelda games, including Majora’s Mask, Midna’s Helmet, Phantom Armor and Tingle’s Outfit.
- Korok Mask – When worn, this mask will vibrate when you’re near a Korok Seed. We suspect it’s going to be of great help when trying to collect all 900 of them.