Scout class in Battlefield 1 has remained very similar to what it was in the previous games. It comes equipped with a sniper rifle, a flare gun, some special armor piercing bullets that can greatly damage vehicles and a spotting scope. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to play scout class in Battlefield 1, how to get better at it.
Battlefield 1 Scout Class TipsHere are some useful tips and tricks that can help you get better with the Scout class :
- Don’t camp in one spot and try to hit your targets from extremely long range. Always play the objective and cooperate with your teammates.
- As suspected, sniper rifles excel at long range engagement. Practice shooting moving targets and shoot ahead of them for successful hits. It may take some time to master, but once you get it, you will be unstoppable at long range. Master the bullet drop at different ranges with different rifles. Head-shots will grant you instant kills at any range. Practice with different sniper rifles until you have found the one that suits your needs and the combat situation.
- Don’t hold the scope for too long. Use it quickly for scouting the area and taking shots. Keep in mind that everyone can spot you thanks to the reflection from your scope, so don’t use it if it’s not necessary. Use the spotting scope to mark your enemies and scout the area out instead.
- Different sniper rifles have different damage models. With some, damage will increase if your target is between 50 to 120 meters awy, and it will drop if your target is out of that range. At close range, you could try quick scoping but the best thing would be to use your sidearm or melee. Also practice quick scoping and immediately switching to your sidearm.
- Use your flare gun to spot all enemies in the area for a short period of time. It can be very useful, especially at heavily contested areas and capture points.
- Use K bullets to damage vehicles. They don’t do too much damage, but they will most certainly help, or at least stop the vehicle from repairing. This can be very useful on open maps with a lot of vehicles and tanks.
- Try out the famous “Aggressive sniper role”. Get into the action while using the sniper rifle with a faster rate of fire and smaller magnification. It requires a lot of skill and practice, but you can devastate an entire team in seconds. Go for medium range headshots and finish off your enemies with your sidearm if necessary.
- Your combat role is to keep your distance from the enemy, mark and eliminate from long range. Avoid open spaces and always stay behind cover. If you enjoyed sniping in previous Battlefield games, you will definitely enjoy it in this one.