Ashes of Ariandel, the first piece of DLC for Dark Souls 3, has finally launched. As it usually goes, players across the globe are already running into problems. Some of these can be fixed by simple workarounds and tweaks, while other are more serious, and will require the developers’ attention. In this guide, we’re going to show you a list of all errors & problems in Ashes of Ariandel, how to fix or avoid them.
Dark Souls 3 PC save disappearingA couple of people are complaining about disappearing save files on PC. After installing the DLC, they’d fire up the game only to see they had no characters to choose from, with only the option to start anew available. If this happened to you, there are a couple of things you could try:
- Restart Steam. It could be a hiccup with the client, so making it reload could solve the problem.
- Check the save folder to see if the files are actually there. DkS3 doesn’t use Steam Cloud, so if you’ve bought a new PC, reinstalled your OS or something similar, you might be out of luck.
Ashes of Ariandel NPC not appearing on PS4Some players on Playstation have been having trouble getting to the DLC area. The NPC that should take them there doesn’t appear at all. Here’s what you could do:
- Restore your licences.
- Star the game.
- Travel to Firelink Shrine and talk to anyone there.
- Go back to the Cleansing Chapel
PC Deluxe edition owners can’t download Ashes of AriandelIf you’ve bought the Deluxe edition on PC, you might not be able to download the DLC. Those who’ve bought the season pass separately seem to be doing OK, downloading the add-on without a hitch. Only the Deluxe edition owners are having troubles with this. A few people have reported this helping:
- Uncheck the Season Pass from the list of DLC in the main library window.
- Restart Steam.
- Ashes of Ariandel should pop up as a DLC on its own now, so just check the box and let it download.
Ashes of Ariandel freezes on PCMore than a few PC users are complaining of performance issues in the DLC area. The only thing you could do is make sure your PC is as unburdened as possible:
- If you’re using dual monitors, disable the secondary one.
- Close all background applications.
- Lower the settings in the game