Bohemia Interactive released a new update for DayZ, as well as the full patch notes. The notes show that the developers have taken to greatly improving the look and sound of the game. They’ve added new tree models and clutter, surface textures, ambient sounds etc. They’ve also improved some of the lighting and wind behavior, and also added some bug fixes.
Almost out of nowhere, DayZ got another update. The new version 0.62 revolves around making the game look and sound much more polished and modern. They’re adding new textures and shaders, better lighting and ambient sounds. Also included are tree models and denser forests and new clutter, such as grass and small plants.
One of the major changes that the update causes is disabling tree camping. According to players (as reported by Eurogamer), they can no longer camp inside pine tress like they could before. Mark Hill, the map designer, said the following about the patch:
With the new forest overhaul, we hope the survivor experience in DayZ will be greatly enhanced. We tried to make travelling through forests a more immersive experience. Repetition can quickly become boring on a map of our scale, so as you traverse through forests across the map, the visuals will change at a fairly rapid pace. This was a large undertaking, but it was important to keep the visual stimuli changing in unpredictable ways.
Below are the full patch notes of the DayZ update 0.62.
- New tree models
- Denser forests
- New clutter (grass, small plants)
- New surface textures – plains and such
- Improved wind behavior
- New shader for the wind, affecting trees and grass
- Tweaked and changed lighting for the world
- Small improvements to satellite textures
- Rain affected by wind and refinement of its behavior in general
- Many reworked locations on Chernarus
- Reworked ghillie (to be consistent with new tech)
- Small bugfixes to some issues from 0.61
- New ambient sounds