If you are wondering how to get Vanguard Marks quickly after level 20-24 here’s a great farming technique. Completing Strike Playlists, daily heroic story missions or public events rewards you with Vanguard Marks, a very important currency in Destiny. Unfortunately, players are limited to earning 100 Marks per week. Farming Vanguard Marks can be a boring process, but if you find a good public event loop you can max out your marks in under 4 hours. In this guide reddit user heyitsmejosh revealed his farming route on Earth. You will get at least 16 marks per hour and will probably average over 20, depending on your luck. Additionally, you can farm ascendant items and collect spinmetal while completing this route. You can do it solo, if you are high enough level and have arc weapons for the captains, or find a friend to help you.
X = Every hour
Public events on Earth – Old RussiaThere are six public events on Earth. If you know their schedule you can easily create a loop and start grinding Vanguard marks. Events are rated after completion based on the Guardians’ performance: gold tier rate gives you 4 Marks, Silver tier rate gives you 3 marks, and Bronze 2 Marks.
X = Every hour
- Start with Defend the Warsat or kill boss event at the Mothyards at X:00: If you kill this one early enough you can make it to Skywatch where another event Defend Warsat OR Fallen & Hive warfor starts at X:00-05. If not, head towards The Divide
- At X:10 event Defeat Devil Walker starts at the Divide. You should get there around X:10 or so if you can, the walker usually doesn’t show up before X:15.
- At X:15-25 starts Defeat Extraction Crews event at the Steppes: Sometimes the event will show up sometimes it won’t, if no event shows up by X:27 head over to the Mothyards.
- At X:30 Mothyards event Defend the Warsat or kill boss will start. This event always shows up. After completing it head to the Forgotten Coast as quickly as possible.
- At X:36 Forgotten Coast event Kill Fallen Captain starts. The captain usually spawns right at X:36, but if it’s not out before X:39 go to the Divide either by orbiting and coming back or really fast on sparrow.
- At X:40-45 Divide event Defeat Devil Walker starts again. Once completed head to the Steppes.
- At X:45-55 starts the last event Defeat Extraction Crews in Steppes. This one rarely spawns, but sometimes you can find it.