After you finish the main story in Destiny: The Taken King, you’ll get the chance to obtain a legendary sword. You’ll have to finish a mission, gather some resources and choose between three variants with different damage types – Arc Edge, Sol Edge and Void Edge. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to get the legendary sword. Once your Legendary sword is fully upgraded Speak to Shaxx and start A Sword Reforged quest to obtain Exotic sword.
Unlock A Broken WillA Broken Will is the mission you need to complete to get the sword. To unlock it, you’ll need to do several things:
- Kill Oryx.
- Complete Dread Patrol (given by Cayde-6 in the Hall of Guardians).
- Talk to Eris Morn in the Hall of Guardians.
Complete A Broken WillWhen you get the quest, go speak to Lord Shaxx. You’ll need to bring him 25 Hadium Flakes, 10 Motes of Light and 25 Spinmetal/Hadium Filaments/Relic Iron, depending on which variant of the sword you want.
Legendary Sword StatsAll of the variants require you to be lvl 30 to use them and have 220 attack.
- Arc Edge does arc damage, requires Spinmetal for forging. It’s effective against solar and void attacks.
- Sol Edge does solar damage, requires Helium Filaments to craft. It’s good against arc and void attacks
- Void Edge does void damage and you’ll need Relic Iron to make it. It’s effective versus solar and arc attacks.