Touch of Malice is an Exotic scout rifle in Destiny: The Taken King, available after completing Eris quest chain. Obtaining this weapon takes time and effort, because you will have to collect more than 40 Calcified Fragments and kill Raid bosses.
How to Get Touch of Malice
- Adventure begins with the quest Shattered Past, after collecting 5 Calcified Fragment for Eris. After that you’ll have to collect 15 Calcified Fragments for Eris, and it’ll unlock the “Hunger Pangs” quest, which sends you to kill Taken Centurion Bracus, in the Salt Mines in Bunker WAR-4.
- Your second step is to complete The Old Hunger guest. Entering the raid The Fallen King should trigger the quest. It requires you to kill 3 bosses from new Destiny Raid (we have detailed guide for The Fallen King Raid ), and collect 3 different items:
- Blade of Famine item from the Warpriest
- Shroud of Ir Anûk from the Deathsingers
- The Ravenous Heart from Oryx
- After collecting these items, (you should be able to collect them all in one run) Eris will have another quest for you asking you to collect 25 Wormspore, 50 Hadium Flakes (check out our guide for farming Hadium Flakes) and 50 Weapon Parts. Eris will reward you with Antiquated Rune for those materials, but the quest chain will stop at this moment, if you haven’t collected 30 Calcified Fragments.
- After talking with Eris, your next task is to kill Morgath, Lore Keeper, who’s located in the Black Garden at the very end of The Undying Mind Strike. Once you kill him, return to Eris, and get a Stolen Rune. Players reported that this quest chain was triggered after collecting 45 Calcified Fragments.
- The last step tells you to return to the base on Phobos, Kill the Wizrd and claim the Essence of the Feast. You’ll have to complete the Fear’s Embrace mission on Phobos and defeat Mar-Zik, the Blightcaller, who spawns at the very end of the fight with Echo of Oryx (approximately at 25% of his health). After killing this enemy, return to Eris and collect your precious Touch of Malice.