Division 2 Merciless Exotic Rifle - How to Get

Merciless is an exotic weapon in The Division 2. It’s a rifle that comes with predetermined talents – Binary Trigger, Guerilla Warfare and Brutality. A lot of players have been getting it lately, as the majority of the early access people got to the endgame. This guide is going to show you how to get Division 2 Merciless exotic rifle, what it looks like and its stats.

division 2 merciless exotic rifle
Division 2 Merciless Exotic Rifle – How to Get

How to get Merciless rifle?

From what we’ve gathered, it’s a random drop. Most people reported getting it from end bosses in challenge difficulty missions, including Bank Headquarters and Jefferson Trade Center. We’ve obtained it from a daily VIP mission. If you’ve preordered the game, you can reskin it to look like the Ruthless rifle using a preorder bonus item.

▼Article Continues Below▼

The stats are going to depend on your gear score at the moment of acquisition, but the talents seem to be predetermined. Everyone we’ve seen mentioning the Merciless exotic got it with Binary Trigger, Guerilla Warfare and Brutality.

Binary Trigger means that the weapon fires both at the trigger pull and release. This sounds like it takes some time to get used to, but it could be interesting. Guerilla Warfare makes you shoot primer rounds when you pull the trigger. They stay embedded in the enemy, and when you release the trigger, the gun shoots out a detonator round that detonates all primer rounds on the enemy it hits. Each primer gets +75% damage per detonated primer. The downside is that only one enemy can have primers embedded at a time, and no more than five of them. Finally, the Brutality talent means that, when the Merciless is holstered, every shot has a 5% chance of turning into an explosive shot which deals +20% damage. It’s a wierd setup, but one well worth trying out.

Thanks to Reddit user u/AtWorkOrNot for the image.

Featured Videos


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *