Square Enix has finally released the long-awaited Chapter 13 update for Final Fantasy XV. Version 1.06, aside from adding much-needed extra content to Chapter 13, also features bug fixes and gameplay enhancements. It also prepares the field for the upcoming Episode Gladiolus, enchantments to Arcana spells, and more.
The wait is finally over for FF XV fans. Those who have been waiting for the promised Chapter 13 update can finally get their hands on it. What Version 1.06 adds is an alternate route (or Verse 2, as they put it) which follows Gladiolus (and seemingly Ignis) as they search for Noctis. No doubt players will be eager to find out more story details that this addition might offer.
The update also includes enhancements to select Arcana spells, enhancements to game play and some bug fixes. It also adds compatibility with the upcoming Episode Gladiolus DLC(releasing on March 28th), as well as two music tracks from there. Additionally, you’ll finally get to see the winners of the first in-game photo contest.
Version 1.07 is also available, but it’s less exciting, since it only introduces further bug fixes. You can check out the full patch notes of versions 1.06 and 1.07 below.
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from “Episode Gladiolus” downloadable content to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with “Episode Gladiolus” downloadable content
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
- Various bug fixes
Square Enix also released a trailer to accompany the patch. It shows off some footage, teasing what you’ll be able to experience once you download the update, as well as a short snippet from Episode Gladiolus. You can check it out below.