Warden is the vanguard hero in For Honor’s Knights faction. They’re versatile and straight-forward – the game recommends them as one of the easier to handle heroes. They have a good balance between offensive and defensive abilities, being dressed in plate armor and wielding a longsword. There are a few quirks you should be aware of, but this is a great way to dive into the game. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to play Warden in For Honor, their feats and moveset.
Warden OverviewHere are the Warden’s Hero Modifiers:
- Renown: Allows them to earn more Bounty when they’re fighting multiple opponents, killing enemy soldiers or capturing objectives.
- Light Attack Combo: Your second right or left Light Attack will automatically hit if the first one did.
- Shoulder Bash after Light Attacks: Press the Shield Break button after a light attack and you’ll perform a Shoulder Bash.
- Crushing Counterstrike: A top Light Attack can counter your opponent’s top attack.
|Chain 1||Light Attack, Light Attack, Heavy Attack|
|Chain 2||Light Attack, Heavy Attack|
|Chain 3||Heavy Attack, Heavy Attack|
|Rushing Slash||Press L stick and Heavy Attack|
|Crushing Counterstrike||Push R stick upward and press Heavy Attack|
|Shoulder Bash||Dodge, Shield Break|
Warden FeatsThere are four feat slots, each with 3 feats to choose from. Only the first one is unlocked at the start – the others are unlocked by playing.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds
Passive: Killing soldiers gives you health and stamina
|Come at me|
Gain more Renown from kills
Passive: Gain immunity from bleed damage
Allied minions fight harder
Passive: Capture and upgrade control points faster
Throw an explosive projectivle doing AoE damage
Recover some health
Throws make enemies fall down
Nearby allies regenerate health
Call a catapult strike
Improve nearby allies’ attacks for a while
Warden Tips & TricksHere are some of the ways you can use the Warden in combat effectively:
- Their strongest single attack is the top heavy.
- Their heavy attacks have good range – you can use them to keep enemies at bay.
- You can chain together light attacks with shoulder bashes to stunlock an unsuspecting enemy.
- Use the shoulder bash to hurt enemies using the environment – shove them into a bonfire, or off a cliff.
- If you bash an enemy into the wall, they will be stunned for longer.