Epic Games have released the patch notes for Fortnite v.800, and it’s a pretty hefty beast. The new Fortnite patch notes reveal a ton of new content, which is appropriate, given that they introduce the first week of Season 8, with its new challenges, skins, locations, and whatnot. There’s also a ton of various bug fixes across all modes, and even for the mobile version. There’s really a lot to unpack.
The new patch for Fortnite, v.800, brings a ton of new stuff to the game. I mean, there’s a whole new season out, with the first week of challenges out (for more info on those, check out our Pirate Camp Locations – Visit All Pirate Camps Challenge and Visit Giant Face in Desert, Jungle & Snow Locations Weekly Challenge guides). It also a ton of fun new skins. Oh, and a pirate cannon, that you can shoot yourself out, and new locations around what used to be Wailing Woods, including Sunny Steps and Lazy Lagoon.
Now, the fact is that the patch notes for Fortnite v8.00 are truly massive, so we won’t get into all the details; we’ll just cover the patch notes for the Battle Royale. If you want to see the full patch notes, check out the post on the official Fortnite website.
Fortnite Patch Notes for Battle Royale Mode – Season 8 Week 1
Weapons & Items
- Pirate Cannon
- Push the Cannon into position, take aim, and fire! Alternatively, climb into the barrel and launch yourself!
- The cannon will fire cannonballs or players a great distance. Cannonballs and players can plow through a number of objects before stopping with a bang, causing damage and knockback to nearby players.
- Deals 100 Damage to enemies on a direct hit and 50 Damage to enemies within a small radius.
- Found throughout the environment.
- Sneaky Snowman
- Chiller Grenade
- X-4 Stormwing
- Shopping Cart
- All Terrain Kart
- Updated Hunting Rifle Icon
- Reduced the availability of high tier Assault Rifles
- Total number of Assault Rifles available remains unchanged
- Increased chance of receiving a Common quality assault rifle from 48.56% to 56.30%
- Increased chance of receiving an Uncommon quality assault rifle from 26.83% to 28.15%
- Reduced the chance of receiving a Rare quality assault rifle from 16.17% to 10.91%
- Reduced the chance of receiving an Epic quality assault rifle from 7.02% to 3.52%
- Reduced the chance of receiving a Legendary quality assault rifle from 1.82% to 1.13%
- Total number of Assault Rifles available remains unchanged
- Supply Drops now properly appear on the map.
- If the fire button is pressed while the shotgun cooldown is still active after swapping weapons then the shotgun will automatically fire once the cooldown is over.
- Fixed Clingers causing damage through walls / floors when stuck to a player.
- Fixed players accidentally sticking Remote Explosives onto themselves after applying a Consumable Bush.
- Fixed Legendary/Epic Pump Shotgun pellet tracers and muzzle flash sometimes not replicating to other clients.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t use Auto-Run while using a Hoverboard with a gamepad.
- Fixed items occasionally being invisible to some players.
- Added Lava
- Lava will deal 1 damage per touch and will cause players to bounce off the surface. Watch out!
- Added Volcanic Vents
- Volcanic Vents will boost players and vehicles into the sky in a gust of hot air!
- Party Assist Added
- Prior to a match, enable Party Assist on a Daily or Weekly challenge to complete it with the assistance of everyone in your party.
- Party members are able to provide progress to the selected challenge in addition to yourself.
- This functionality excludes “fill” players who are added into the party during matchmaking or teammates from large team modes such as Team Rumble.
- Increased Infinite Dab duration from 11 hours to 12 hours in the lobby.
- Cozy Campfire now glows while active when viewed through a Thermal Scope.
- Starting in Season 8, daily quests will be automatically claimed once they’ve been completed.
- Any Challenges that were ready to be collected will be auto completed and all rewards will be delivered. However, at this time there will be no in-game notification for you receiving these rewards.
- Fixed a bug where the Lynx Outfit would jitter very badly when playing the original Wave emote in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to aim down sights while jumping.
- Fixed an issue where weapons picked up would sometimes be incorrectly unloaded. This would happen if a player looted a weapon dropped by a player immediately after being eliminated.
- Fixed Bush consumable not being destroyed if player takes damage from a great distance.
- Fixed aim assist to work through windows.
- Fixed an issue where players could stop themselves from getting on a Zipline by standing too far behind it and colliding into the ground as they try to enter.
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn’t pick up items dropped around the Zipline pole.
- Fixed an issue where entering a vehicle while ziplining left the fall damage immunity visual effect on the player.
- Fixed auto-pickup of items not working when first landing from skydiving.
- Weapon auto-reloading no longer cancels emotes.
- Fixed an equipped Trap being swapped after dropping a stack of items or after using the last item of a stack of consumables or explosives.
- Fixed equipped traps being dropped when using hold to swap to pick up items.
Limited Time Mode: 50v50
Two teams of fifty players fight to the finish!
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- The map has a dotted line, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming materials increased 25% over default.
- Chests & Ammo Crates spawn more often than usual, and carry extra ammo.
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- Players start with a Jetpack in their inventory.
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
- The Storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Above/below footstep improvements.
- More distinct sound for above footsteps.
- Tuned the distance at which above/below footsteps travel to be more realistic.
- Improved footstep audio timings when the game simulation is under heavy load.
- Set Down-But-Not-Out alert sound spatialization from the location of the downed player.
- Added stereo sounds for all weapons for those carrying the weapon.
- Added foley audio feedback when crouching and ADS’ing with a weapon.
- Improved Rocket Launcher incoming audio. It now plays an additional warning layer if the rocket is coming towards you.
- Added distant perspective to the enemy glider audio tell.
- Improved damage/elimination audio feedback.
- Added a new shield break sound.
- Improved the “weak-point” hit sound when harvesting.
- Fixed in-air wind audio restarting when eliminating an enemy while they’re in mid-air.
- Fixed sniper projectiles not playing impact audio.
- Fixed “Hootenany” emote getting stuck on infinitely.
- Fixed Suppressed SMG sound effect occasionally looping continuously incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where scrubbing through a replay could cause the player’s hero model to disappear in the lobby.
- Fixed issue with cosmetic styles not displaying properly during replay playback.
- Fixed elimination damage numbers being inaccurate in replays.
- Fixed weapon firing animations sometimes playing twice in replays.
- Added more visual feedback when buttons are pressed.
- Changed gliding/freefalling HUD visibility to be more consistent between mobile/other platforms.
- Player are now able to toggle between crouch and standing states while in build and edit modes.
- Fixed bug which caused the lobby background to disappear when closing the Report Player dialog.
- Fixed an issue where trying to switch to build mode and tapping the quickbar at the same time would switch back to combat mode.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to place a trap using a mobile controller made the player animate as if they were trying to open a door several times before the trap is placed.
- Fixed players ability to un-crouch while gliding.
- Fixed action button remaining on the UI during the Battle Bus phase.
- The ‘Resources’ HUD setting now properly shows in-game after making changes on mobile devices.
- Fixed an issue where using touch to edit a structure breaks the ability to continue crosshair editing until the button is pressed again.
- Fixed an issue where dragging an item off the hotbar triggered a double click.
- Fixed an issue where pick up and zip line activation icon’s default position overlapped with the aiming icon.
- Fixed controller art sometimes missing in the Controller Setting screen.