Fall Guys Error Code 200_001 Fix
If you are searching for how to fix Error Code 200_001 in Fall Guys, you’ve come to the right place! Since the game’s switch to the free-to-play model, millions of new players have flocked to Fall Guy’s servers to play the incredibly fun platformer battle royal title. Unfortunately, with new platforms and players, a myriad of new problems has also arrived. They mostly have to do with network and server issues. One such pesky problem is error 200_001 which comes with a message: “An error has been returned by Epic Online Services”. In this guide, we explain how to fix Fall Guys error 200_001.
How to Fix Error Code 200_001 Fall Guys
This error has to do with the game’s online functionality, and thus it prevents players from connecting to the Fall Guys servers. Before trying more advanced methods of fixing this issue, let’s first try with some standard troubleshooting steps for this kind of error. This will rule out most of the potential troublemakers on your side of things:
- Log out of the Epic Games Launcher, and then log back in a couple of times. This might be enough to fix the problem.
- Check if your Internet connection is working properly by testing other online games and their online features.
- Reset your network hardware (modem or router) by unplugging them for a couple of minutes, then turn them back on.
- Whitelist Fall Guys in your antivirus and firewall apps. Lest they might prevent the game from connecting to the servers.
- Turn off any unnecessary third-party apps as they might cause conflicts.
Verify Fall Guys files
If none of the above solutions helped you, the next thing you should do is to try to verify game files. You can perform this via the EGS launcher. Here’s how:
- Start the EGS launcher.
- Search for Fall Guys in your library.
- Click on the three dots icon.
- Select “Manage” in the drop-down menu.
- Click the “VERIFY” button.
- Leave the launcher to verify files.
Flush your DNS
Sometimes problems with connectivity, such as Fall Guys Error Code 200_001, can be fixed by flushing the DNS Cache. Follow these steps to do this:
- Open Windows search and type “cmd”.
- The command prompt will open, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and then hit Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /release“ and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Close the command prompt and restart your PC.
If after all these steps you are still having problems connecting to Fall Guys and are still getting Fall Guys Error Code 200_001 with the message “An error has been returned by Epic Online Services”, then the problem might not be on your side. In that case, check if the Fall Guys servers are experiencing an outage and simply wait some time until it’s fixed by the developers.