Evolutions are ways to upgrade your shark in Maneater. These mutations can be applied to different body parts, and they make you a better shark. You can unlock them through various means – by finding collectibles, defeating bosses and generally being a shark. If you’re wondering what they are and how to get them, this guide will show you how to unlock evolutions & mutations in Maneater.
How to unlock mutations and evolutions
There are eight evolution slots you can use – head, jaw, body, fins, tail, and three organs. You can equip various mutations there and combine them as you like, to create a perfect killing machine. Like sharks aren’t scary enough by default. Here’s a list of different evolutions you can unlock in the game:
- Sonar – This is your starting ability, which allows you to detect things without seeing them.
- Protein Digestion – Gives you more health from eating and more protein from protein sources. Unlocked by getting all the landmarks in Fawtick Bayou.
- Mineral Digestion – Gives you more health from eating and more minerals from mineral sources. Unlocked by killing a hunter leader.
- Fat Digestion – Gives you more health from eating and more fat from fat sources. Unlocked by killing a boss.
- Bone Set – Increases the damage you do to boats. Obtained by killing the apex predators in five areas: Sapphire Bay, Dead Horse Lake, Prosperity Sands, Golden Shores, The Gulf and Caviar Bay
- Amphibious – Allows you to survive longer on dry land and increases your speed on it. Obtained by killing the apex predator in Fawtick Bay.
- Bio Electric Set – Increases your damage and allows you to stun enemies. Different pieces of this set (teeth, fins, etc) are dropped by hunter leaders.
- Hearty Set – Increases your health and defence. Also obtained by raising your infamy rank.
- Adrenal Glad – Increases damage when your health is low. Kill a boss to get it.
- Shadow Set – Attacked enemies are poisoned and slowed down. You can get different pieces by collecting landmarks in Golden Shores, Dead Horse Lake, Sapphire Bay, Caviar Bay, Prosperity Sands and The Gulf.
- Brutal Muscles – Increases speed and tail damage. Unlocked by defeating the last hunter boss.