More and more information about Mass Effect Andromeda is slowly seeping out. BioWare have been careful not to leak any more details than they wanted. And what they’ve given us so far has been scarce, but intriguing. Now, however, some new info might have leaked on Reddit, including different planets and multiplayer mode details.
It appears that Reddit user typherio managed to take a gander at the February issue of PC Gamer magazine and discover some more details about Mass Effect Andromeda ahead of schedule. He found out about the 4 chat option, story planets, combat details and more. Let’s check it out.
- The 4-chat system will replace the well-known renegade/paragon system. The options are head, heart, casual and professional, bringing a little more nuance to your character’s interactions and personality.
- A small team from Need For Speed partially designed and tested the Nomad, the ground vehicle of the Pathfinder crew.
- There’ll be no more dodge roll. Instead, we’ll get the dash ability, for quick cover-to-cover movement. Coupled with the jumping, this will make for some fast-paced combat. Additionally, we’ll be able to aim mid-jump, as well as activate a slow hover to assess the battle more easily.
- There will be different kinds of planets, but not just in the obvious way. Some planets will be more story-oriented, containing mostly side-missions and exploration, for example. Planets will also have various environmental hazards, such as radiation and extreme heat or cold.
- In the single player, you’ll be able to freely switch between classes however you please. In Horde multiplayer mode, though, you’ll have to pick your class before the match begins, like in Mass Effect 3.
Mass Effect Andromeda is the fourth installment in the franchise, and its story doesn’t connect with the previous games in the series. It’s coming out on March 21st in North America and March 23rd in Europe, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. There are no plans to bring Andromeda to the Nintendo Switch yet.