Mass Effect Andromeda Update 1.09 Live, Patch Notes Revealed
Bioware has released the new 1.09 update for Mass Effect Andromeda. The patch introduces a the new Batarian Scrapper character and Platinum Difficulty to the multiplayer, as well as a few other things. It also brings many minor and major tweaks and bug fixes.
The new Mass Effect Andromeda update introduces a lot of new stuff, but it also brings many minor and major tweaks, as well as bug fixes. The two new main things that players will be happy about is the addition of Platinum Difficulty and the Batarian Scrapper character in the multiplayer, as well as the Kishock Harpoon Gun.
We’ve selected the more interesting stuff for you in the list below. You can check out the full patch notes on Bioware’s official website. There, you can see all the minor and major tweaks that are in the new update.
- Introduced Platinum Difficulty, featuring mixed enemy factions.
- Added the Batarian Scrapper character (Rare).
- Added a Skin Tone slider to customization options for some characters.
- Added Veteran Bonus ranks that increase power, combo, and melee damage stats for each character.
- There are now two daily challenges and new types of challenges.
- The Item Store has a weekly rotation of two Uncommon and two Rare equipment items.
- Characters can be renamed in the customization options.
- Added the Kishock Harpoon Gun, a heavy, single-shot batarian sniper rifle that bleeds targets slowly.
- There are new versions of the Uncommon, Rare, and Ultra Rare weapons with unique perks.
- Bulwark: grants you additional damage resistance when near other players. Damage resistance increases with each team member in range.
- Siphon: damage dealt replenishes player health.
- Concussive: killing an enemy with a weak point shot causes them to detonate with a biotic explosion.
- In most cases, Ascendant, Fiend, and Hydra sync kills are no longer fatal, but will bring down the player.
- Timers and progress bars now scale based on difficulty level.
- Devices now must be defused within 45 seconds of spawning. This timer resets upon completing interaction.
- Upload depletion rate now reduced when not controlled by players.
- Hack can now be contested by enemies.
- Replaced with Boss objective
- Boss now spawns more difficult variants of creatures, in progressive order of creature difficulty
- Targets have special nameplates, more hit points, and take reduced damage from Cobra RPGs