NBA 2K17 Face Scan is a feature that allows you to use a camera to create your lookalike in the game. You’ll have to download the official MyNBA2K17 app onto your Android or iPhone, then let it scan your face with the camera. Results may vary – sometimes it will turn out great, other times it will look nothing like you. Thankfully, there are things you could do to improve your chances. This guide will show you how to scan your face in NBA 2K17 using your phone.
NBA 2K17 Face ScanNote that this feature is only available on Xbox and Playstation. PC users will have to make do without it. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- If you’re outside the US, you’ll have to use some kind of proxy service.
- Download the Android or iOS app to your phone. Make sure it’s not the 2016 app. This one weighs 279 MB.
- Log in to your PSN or Xbox Live account. If you don’t log in the first time you use the app, you can do it later via Options (enter the menu in the upper right corner, choose options, scroll all the way down and select manage login).
- Move the basketball slider to the left.
- Click the Scan Your Face option.
- Follow the instructions on screen, then click Begin Scan.
NBA 2K17 Face Scanning TipsHere’s some advice on how to ensure the scan goes as good as it can:
- You need as much light as possible – outside on a sunny day would be perfect. Natural light works better than artificial.
- Your face needs to be well lit from the front, with no shadows.
- Take off your hat, glasses and any other accessories you may have.
- Pull back your hair if it’s long enough to cover parts of your face.
- Use the front-facing camera (selfie camera).
- Hold the phone at eye level, about 18″ (45 cm) from your face.
- Don’t move the phone around – rotate your head instead.
- If the light makes you want to blink, stop rotating your face while you do it.
- Slowly rotate your head up to 45 degrees in each direction.
- Look straight ahead of you, not into the camera
Can you change your face scan later?Yes. If you’re not happy with your player’s face anymore, you can retry the scan via the app, and select the Scan your face option in the MyPlayer Appearance menu.
Face scan import stuckThe game might get stuck will importing your scan. The process can take up to five minutes. If it takes any longer, restart the game. Scan your face again before you retry – if you use the old scan, it will only get stuck again.
White spot on scan resultSome people are complaining they’re getting a white spot on an otherwise perfect scan. This is caused by light reflecting off your face and into the camera. Make sure there are no glares of lightning on your face while you’re scanning. Adjust the lighting as necessary.
Cannot login to MyNBA2K17Many players are reporting problems logging into the MyNBA2K17 phone app. Things you could try in order to solve this include:
- Restarting your phone
- Reinstalling the app
- Checking your internet connection