New World servers will be taken offline for server maintenance on September 23th for a new update. In order for the process to go through, the servers will need to be down for a while. In this New World Server Maintenance & Downtime article, we will answer all the questions concerning this New World maintenance time, including when will New World servers be up, when will New World finish maintenance, and how long will the servers be down.
New World Downtime – Server Maintenance
On September 23rd, 2022, New World servers maintenance started at 8 PM CET / 7PM BST / 2 PM ET / 11 AM PT. You can find the full patch notes for New World Update 1.6.6 in the list below below. It’s not a huge update by any means, but it does introduce some welcome fixes.
When Will New World Servers be Back Up
The servers are expected to be back up after around 2 hours of downtime. Of course, if the developers encounter any issues, this can be prolonged, but it shouldn’t take too much time. So, all you can do is to be patient and wait a couple of hours until the game is back up again.
- Speculative fix for rare cases when a player character dies but isn’t presented with a respawn screen.
- Fixed an issue with game mode scoreboards not displaying for players who join an in-progress War or Invasion.
- Fixed an issue that caused erroneous invite messages for players who signed up for a War or Invasion at the same time a server crash occurred.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Nereid’s encounter from starting in the Barnacles & Black Powder expedition.
- Fixed an unintended cube from appearing when next to the to Celestial Rabbit house pet.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with one side of a bed housing item.
- Stained glass housing items will now properly display colors.
- Fixed an issue that caused event lore notes associated with Summer Villages to linger in the world after the seasonal event ended.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Medleyfaire fishing pole rewards from functioning after the seasonal event ended.
- Fixed an issue where new characters would sometimes be erroneously placed into a standby queue even if there was ample capacity in the world to accommodate them.
- Fixed an animation issue when interacting with the bed housing item.
- Fixed an issue that caused fast travel to occasionally fail.
- Fixed a rare server crash.
- Speculative fix for player achievements and titles not appearing in the UI.