Team 17, the publisher of Game Kitchen’s brilliant brain child Blasphemous, has announced a free DLC for it. It’s coming out on August 4th on all platforms the game is available on. Called The Stir of Dawn, the DLC is way more than you’d expect from a free DLC. Among other stuff, it’s bringing New Game+, a number of new storylines, areas, bosses, and enemies, a new map, a “Three Penitence system, and much more.
In most triple-A games, you’d have to pay out the nose for a content dump like this. Heck, they’d probably make you pay for way less content. Not The Game Kitchen; they’re treating all Blasphemous players to a ton of new stuff completely free. Here’s what they cooked up for us, as revealed in the official announcement.
- New Game+
- A new, optional ‘Three Penitence’ system.
- New storylines, NPCs, bosses, enemies and areas to discover.
- New Executions & Counter attack mechanic.
- Revamped map system with more fast travel locations.
- New items, animations and level art reworks.
- Updated voice acting, including a full Spanish language option.
- Balance changes including: Buffed Prayers, Rosary Bead & Sword Heart updates plus enemy tweaks!
Along with the announcement, the developers released a trailer for the Stir of Dawn DLC, in which you can see snippets of the upcoming content in action. It’s cool, it’s disturbing, it’s violent; everything you’ve come to know and love from Blasphemous. By this point, I’m sure most of you have turned every single stone in the game, so The Stir of Dawn is certain to bring a ton of you back into the world of Cvstodia.
For me, the most important part of the trailer is at the very end. You’ll be able to pet a dog. I repeat, you’ll be able to pet a dog. What more could you possibly ask for?