Counter Strike might not be held in the highest esteem, nor is it the most played game in the world, but it has a dedicated audience that has stuck with it through the years. CS:GO has got us used to its small changes that keep edging to balance the game ever so slightly.
Among the list of changes, some refer to the Perfect World, Chinese corporation that publishes CS:GO in China. There have been rumors that CS:GO might even be going free-to-play there, but until we know more we will treat it as just a rumor.
Let us check what is new in the 20MB of the latest patch:
- Shipping more changes to pistols with the goal of emphasising skillful use of the weapons.
- Five-Seven: the Five-Seven has been adjusted to reward tactical positioning and defensive play.
- Slightly improved accuracy when firing several shots rapidly.
- Substantially reduced accuracy while moving
- Prime status is now immediately granted to Perfect World accounts with identity verification.
- Enabled support for custom avatars in game.
- Enabled access to the developers console.
- Overhauled internal weapon data representation.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not drop their second flashbang if they were killed after throwing one earlier in the round.
- Fixed an issue where sniper bots didn’t like the Scar20.
- Fixed an issue where buying non-weapon items would restock ammo for all your weapons.
- Fixed some corner cases where buying items via console could ignore the user’s loadout selection.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to drop undroppable items (like grenades) would count the item’s value towards the player’s ‘donations’ for the round.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to show incorrect holstered weapons.
- Fixed an issue where decoy grenades could make sounds from the wrong weapon.
- Fixed ‘buy’ console command to list all options instead of being a hardcoded help string.
- Map editing: env_gunfire entities can now fire all weapon types (e.g. weapon_m4a1_silencer or weapon_revolver)
- Fixed a memory leak related to spectating.
- Adding ability to initiate trades from friend’s context menu.
- Improved map load times in some circumstances.