After Amazon accidental leaked details about Darksiders 3, the game got a confirmed 2018 release date. In the game, we’ll play as Fury, a bladed whip-wielding mage and “unpredictable and enigmatic” member of the Four Horsemen. Your task will be to hunt down and kill the Seven Deadly Sins in a post-apocalyptic environment.
Darksiders 3 is the new project from THQ Nordic and Gunfire Games. Recently, Amazon leaked a lot of information about the game, including that it will be released in 2018. Since the cat was already out of the bag, THQ Nordic decided to simply confirm that the game will indeed come out in 2018. For now, the Darksiders 3 listing on Amazon says the game will come out on December 31st, although that’s very likely just a placeholder date.
In Darksiders 3, we’ll play as Fury, one of the Four Horsemen. Fury has to go around post-apocalyptic Earth, hunting down the Seven Deadly Sins. She’s trying to bring balance to the world, which many have failed at. Basically, the game is a hack-and-slash action-adventure game set in an open-world environment. Here are some of the features that the Amazon product listing boasts:
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
- Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature
Darksiders 3 will come out some time in 2018; it doesn’t have an exact release date yet. You’ll be able to pick it up on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, according to Amazon.