Dawn of War 3 is getting an interesting new update called Annihilation, featuring new modes, doctrines, maps, free skins and bug fixes. The pinnacle of the update are the two Annihilation modes. They work in custom matches on all maps, including the new one called Mortis Vale.
Players will be happy to know that, with the new Annihilation update’s modes and map, there is an additional bonus. The three new Elite skins make their debut – House Raven Imperial Knight Paladin, Exalted Wraithknight, and the Deathskulls Gorkanaut. To claim and use them, you only need to log in once you download and update the game.
Dawn of War 3 Annihilation Patch Notes
The list below doesn’t include all the bug fixes, which are listed in full on the official patch note page.
- New Custom game modes: Annihilation Classic and Annihilation with Defenses
- New doctrines: Tarantula Turret, Big Shoota Turret, and Shuriken Grav Platform
- New map: Mortis Vale (3v3) and (2v2)
- Free skins: House Raven Imperial Knight Paladin, Exalted Wraithknight, and Deathskulls Gorkanaut
- Fixed an issue that made Elite healing around a player’s HQ and production structures inconsistent
- Mortis Vale (2v2) has been added into the Custom match and Quick-Match map lists
- Mortis Vale (3v3) has been added into the Custom match and Quick-Match map lists
Tactical Marine – Tireless speed bonus decreased and no longer starts off cooldown
Developer Comments: We did buff the damage on Tactical Marines significantly, which we do feel was warranted. However, the Tireless doctrine acted as a multiplier. It allowed them to cover too much of the map and gave too big of an advantage in early skirmishes. We will continue to monitor this doctrine’s usage rate and cross-reference its impact on games.
- Tireless: Speed bonus decreased from 3 to 1.5
- Tireless: Speed bonus will kick in 15 seconds after being out of combat, up from 11 seconds
- Tireless: Speed bonus now begins 15 seconds after spawning a squad of Tactical Marines, instead of instantly
- Tireless: A decorator icon now displays your progress towards the speed bonus
This was not the first update for Dawn of War 3 this month. Just at the beginning of June, we had a hefty one introducing major balance changes.