PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds early access week 20 update is now live on public test servers. The rest of us can expect to see it on live servers tomorrow, Thursday, August 10th. In this weekly update, users can look forward to seeing client optimizations, changed vehicle sound effects, and some bug fixes.
Early Access Week 20 Patch Notes
These weekly updates are like a lottery of expectations. Some of them introduced changes to the first-person perspective, and they first appeared in the US and EU during the 4th monthly update. Players on Oceanic servers hoped to see it this week, but alas, they’ll have to wait at least one more week. As for the newest update, here’s the patch notes.
- Optimized game performance for 6-core or higher CPU
- Optimized UI
- Decreased motorbike engine and vehicle skid sound volumes
- Improved character animation when using throwables while prone
- Fixed a bug that occasionally disabled voice chat on the Starting Island
- Fixed a bug that caused your character to stand before crouching when revived
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from rebinding Unarm to an alternate key
- You can now see the mark from the character you are spectating on both the Mini Map and World Map
- Fixed a visual bug with the scope while a character you are spectating is prone on a hill
- Fixed a bug caused by changing “Graphics” – “Quality” – “Effects” from Settings
- Improved the wrist positions on the steering wheel
Other expected features to come, by popular demand from the community, are further building rendering optimizations, improving the reconnect feature, and many more. For now, we’ll have to be satisfied with the decreased vehicle skid sounds, to which, after a while, you stop paying attention. UI optimizations were needed after the previous big update. Although not specifically stated what they influence the most, we can at least hope to see less fps drops and freezing that happens when you open the inventory on older PCs.