The PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds fourth monthly update is live as of today, August 3rd. It successfully went through the PTR stage, and it is ready to see the light of day. This is not a small update, and it should keep players happy for a while.
The server maintenance, after which the fourth monthly update will be available on live servers, will take approximately two hours to complete. The maintenance starts at 5PM KST / 8AM UTC / 1AM PDT.
Aside from the various bug fixes, including the issue of weapons sporadically ceasing to fire despite being set to auto firing mode, players can expect many more new features. Some of the new features that are live on servers as of today include:
- Added 1st Person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes. Players who choose 1st Person mode will be matched together.
- Added a new feature to report players
- Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game
- You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver’s seat with Left Mouse Click
- You may now designate a maximum of two different keys for each key bind
- Added Colorblind Mode
The full patch notes were revealed a couple of days ago. The feedback from the PTR led to some additional updates being rolled out as well. Here they are:
- Added animation when using drag & drop with inventory. This is merely a visual addition and does not affect looting speed.
- Slightly decreased the delay time when looting items with F key. After testing with no delay internally, team have decided to reduce the delay instead of removing it entirely as it felt very unbalanced with no delay. These changes are not final, as they depend on the community feedback. The team will evaluate the looting mechanics if needed.