The new city builder game by Mindillusion got a full release on Steam. In Life is Feudal: Forest Village, as the title suggests, you build a village from scratch, snatching the soil away from nature. You build homes, farms and other buildings, protect your population from wildlife and the elements, and you can even take direct control of your villagers.
Life is Feudal: Forest Village is the new medieval city builder simulator, and now it’s out on Steam as a full-fledged game. Much like with other similar games, you watch over your village from a top-down birds-eye perspective. However, you can also take over individual villagers and play the game from a first-person perspective.
However, the main draw of the game is the realism. The official Life is Feudal: Forest Village Steam page lists several prominent features that will certainly have both city building fans and lovers of all things medieval hooked:
- Advanced farming system – Different crops require different conditions to grow, such as moisture, man labor and time. Meanwhile, you’ll need hunters to protect your animals from predators.
- Switch between birds-eye and first person views – Like mentioned before, like most similar games, you play from a birds-eye perspective. However, you can play as individual villagers from a first-person perspective.
- Terraforming and pavement – Self-explanatory. You can adapt your surroundings to best suit your village, and pave roads to boost your economy.
- Diseases, food rations and vitamins – Your villagers can get sick from exposure to the elements and undernourishment, as well as starve. Make sure to keep your people warm and have enough food to last the winter.
- Dynamic ecosystem – Your actions will affect the surroundings. Excessive logging and farming may lead to the extinction of some woodland creatures. If your villagers go to the forest too often, the wildlife will retreat into the woods, and hunting will become more challenging.
- Real time weather and seasons system – Different seasons will affect your crops differently. Summer droughts, harsh winters and severe rainfall can wreak havoc on you village.
- Morale and increasing population – You’ll have to mind the overall happiness of your villagers for your settlement to grow. The families can only flourish if their needs are being met.
- Disasters – Lighting storms, tornadoes and earthquakes will put your growing village into serious jeopardy. You’ll have to find ways to patch up the damage done and rebuild.
- Mod friendly – Modders will “have access to AI, animations, task and resource management, navigation, sounds and many other game systems.”
You can check out the official full release trailer below, and see for yourself if Life is Feudal: Forest Village is up your alley.