NBA 2K18 was officially confirmed for the Nintendo Switch. We first saw the NBA 2K18 logo in the Nintendo Switch reveal trailer, but now it’s official. NBA 2K18 will also be released on all other platforms with unrivaled realism and true NBA gameplay. Check out all the game details and features below.Jason Argent, SVP of Basketball Operations for NBA 2K stated:
Bringing NBA 2K18 to Nintendo Switch is a natural progression as we continue to expand our audience and welcome new fans to the franchise.
- You will be able to create your own player and start your own NBA adventure as you play for your favorite team. Hopefully, it will have the face scan feature, just like the other platforms had for NBA 2K16. You could easily scan you face using your phone on both Android and iOS systems. Playing games will earn you VC, which will allow you to purchase upgrades and accessories.
- NBA 2K18 MyTeam mode is a card collecting game mode where you can create your own dream team with both old and current NBA players. Create your custom logo, uniform and arena, or even use existing ones. Play online or even participate in different challenges with different requirements. You can also trade player cards using the auction house.
- MyLEAGUE and MyGM will let you customize the regular NBA league, set up rosters, trade players and a lot more.
- More features will be announced, but we can expect MyPark and ProAm game modes, as well as online exhibition games. MyPark is definitely one of the most popular game mode in NBA 2K, allowing you to play street basketball with friends, and online with other players.
- The exact release date wasn’t announced, we can expect the game somewhere in September 2017.
- We will keep you updated as more news come up.