In preparation for The Fall of Oriath and the Harbinger Challenge League this weekend, the staggeringly large update 3.0.0 is upon us. Players will get to enjoy six more acts, new gems, items, balances, a new water renderer, a minimap system, and more.
3.0.0 Patch Notes
More than a 14.000 words are in these patch notes. We’ll only cover the first segment, which describes the major new content and features, below. For the full list, and the rest of the 13k+ words, visit the official update page. The notes cover everything there is, including the Harbinger Challenge League features and more.
Major New Content and Features
- Added Acts Five through Ten.
- Removed the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels. Path of Exile is now a single ten-act playthrough.
- Added a new Character Selection Screen.
- Added a new feature – the Pantheon system: Best the ancient gods of Wraeclast in battle and you can claim a portion of their power. There are four Major god powers and seven Minor god powers to be claimed in The Fall of Oriath. You can have one Major and one Minor power active at a time, and can return to any town or hideout to change which powers are active at no cost. Later, each power can be upgraded by placing a Divine Vessel in your map device before you defeat certain map bosses.
- Added a new feature – the Help panel: As you play Path of Exile, you can unlock Help panel pages. These can be viewed by clicking on a new Help button next to the Shop button. Each panel is designed to introduce you to an aspect of Path of Exile’s gameplay, and give you the tools you need to explore the features yourself.
- Significantly updated the tutorial. It is integrated with the new Help system.
- The game HUD has been updated to the Eclipse theme used throughout The Fall of Oriath.
- Added 8 Vaal Side Areas with new bosses, found through areas in Oriath.
- Added a Passive Skill Tree planning system.
- Introduced new technology for rendering water throughout the game.