The Fall of Oriath, the great new expansion for Path of Exile, launched a few days ago. Unfortunately, the new update 3.0.0, despite all the stuff it brings to the table, couldn’t go without issues. While some of them are easily fixed, others are much more frustrating.
One of the main issues with the new expansion is an increase in client crashes. This known problem dates back to last year. It was listed in the Known Issues FAQ, on September 14, 2016. One possible solution has been listed under the problem.
Client Crashes: Affecting AMD & nVidia users, either on startup or while changing zones. Remove any launch parameters you may be using to resolve.
If removing the launch parameters doesn’t solve your problems, you might want to check your Direct X version. If it is 11, you might need to change it to version 9. The newest updates are, as always, listed on the official patch notes page.
The Fall of Oriath First Post Launch Patch 3.0.0b
The first post-expansion patch notes were released less than a day after update 3.0.0. It fixed some of the client crashes, the Soul of Solaris Pantheon Power overpower bug, and more.
- Using channeled lightning skills will no longer trigger Orb of Storms.
- Fixed a bug where the following items, which are meant to grant extra minions, instead granted small increases to skeleton attack, cast and movement speed: Queen’s Decree, Alberon’s Warpath, Midnight Bargain and any items with Catarina’s crafted +1 skeleton mod.
- Fixed a bug with the Soul of Solaris Pantheon Power, which accidentally applied to every hit rather than 20% of them.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when players enter new areas with The Plaguemaw V Prophecy.
- Fixed an issue with the The Act 9 Boss fight where the boss would prioritise minions over players.
- Fixed a bug with the “Defeat Map Bosses” Harbinger Challenge where non-map bosses would count.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur in parties with one of the encounters in The Rotting Core.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur with the life flask tutorial.
- Fixed an instance crash related to Storm Burst.
Hotfix to 3.0.0b
The hotfix to the previous patch fix came two days later, on Monday, August 7th. One of them, which made the map The Beachhead impossible to complete, is now being handled.
- Fixed a crash with The Aspirant’s Plaza.
- Fixed an instance crash with Abberath.
- Fixed a bug with Harbingers in The Beachhead where they could fail to summon, making the map impossible to complete.