Nioh update 1.16 adds a new PvP feature, called “Battles of Skill”. The patch size is around 75 MB. It brings some adjustments, as well, like the one where the players are able to evade immediately as they get up, the amount of gained Amrita in Way of the Wise, and more.
1.16 Patch Notes
The full Nioh 1.16 patch notes, including all the bug fixes, can be found on this Reddit post. With the new update and the the second Nioh DLC – Defiant Honor, the player base has a lot to be excited about. Here are the full patch notes from this update.
- Added a new feature to PVP battles: “Battles of Skill”
In these battles, you forego your current setup and instead fight using different equipment abilities, stats, and shortcuts. Furthermore, Crest boons, Passive skills, Prestige titles, and Mystic Arts are disabled. Your Guardian Spirit’s level will also be changed to a set value, but all Guardian Spirit protections will be active. All changes are temporary, and are only applied during a PVP battle.
- When searching for a PVP battle, you can now select between “Skill” (for Battles of Skill) or “Strength”. “Battles of Strength” are the same as PVP battles up until now (you use your own equipment as normal).
- Raised the level cap from 500 to 550 after reaching the Way of the Wise.
- Greatly increased the amount of Amrita received for completing missions in the Way of the Wise.
- Greatly increased the amount of Amrita received from enemies appearing in missions level 500 or higher in the Way of the Wise.
- Players are now able to evade immediately as they get up.
- Shortened the amount of time needed for a max charge of the Sword skill “Iai Quickdraw.”
- Adjusted the timing and hit box of the Dual Sword skill “Sign of the Cross.”
- Improved the hit box when using an uncharged “Sign of the Cross.”
- Increased the amount of Ki used by a fully charged “Sign of the Cross” (PVP only).
- Enlarged the visual effect of the shockwave produced by the Odachi skill “Groundquake,” and enlarged the hit box to match.
- Changed the strike portion of “Groundquake” so that it knocks the opponent down and increased the Ki damage of the shockwave while decreasing its HP damage (PVP only).
- Increased the amount of Ki used by the “Groundquake” (PVP only).
- Shortened the down time of an opponent knocked down by the Tonfa’s “Grapple”.
- Decreased the Ki damage caused by the Tonfa’s follow-up attack after getting deflected (PVP only).
- Decreased the duration of the effect from Enku’s Guardian Spirit protection “Nullify Damage (Dash Attacks)” (PVP only).
- Increased the amount of Glory earned from a loss or a draw in a PVP battle.