PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds had an announcement regarding the weekly patch, monthly update, new skins, and more. The weekly patch offers various fixes, while the monthly update brings first-person server options. New skins will be a part of the three crates coming from August 3rd.
PUBG Crates and Skins
Starting on August 3rd, there will be three new crates. You can buy them with your battle points on the Rewards page. Wanderer Crate and Survivor crate will be free to open. In order to open the third one – the Gamescom Invitational Crate – you’ll need a $2.50 key per each. The proceeds of the key sales will go towards providing funds needed to organize the Gamescom PUBG Invitational, a prize pool for the winners, and to support a selection of charities.
The Gamescom Invitational Crates will not be available after August 27th. All three of the crates will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market. For all the information regarding this matter, be sure to check the official announcement page.
Week 18 Patch Notes
The Week 18 update is already live. It had been on the public test server from July 25th, and came to the full game after the server maintenance on July 27th. Some of the problems that appeared after the update, including crouching and aiming in all stances, are being investigated, and the hotfix should be deployed soon. Here are the patch notes.
- Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in doors after partially destroying them
- Fixed a bug causing the door Interaction UI to appear even after doors were completely destroyed
- You can now use consumables while browsing the inventory during a reload
- Fixed a bug where characters could not pick up items while running despite seeing the looting animation
- Fixed a bug where characters would shake in spectator mode while running
August Monthly Update
The monthly update is coming in a few days, on August 3rd. It contains one of the most requested features since early access started, the first-person servers. The first news about the server dropped on July 13, when it was announced it is coming with the next monthly update.
- 1st Person server options are coming to NA and EU SOLO & DUO game-modes
- FOV Slider for the 1st person view will be added to the game
- A new rifle will be added to the game