PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has sent a request for help from players, regarding the possible in-game HUD rework. Players can send feedback through the official Steam page, or by voting for one of the two options. The majority of thirty-plus votes leans towards the one that is already present.
The call for player feedback regarding this issue was announced on the PUBG Steam news page, as well as on their Twitter account. In this articl,e you’ll also find a link to the Strawpoll. The comment section of the same article is a great choice for additional, written feedback.
The two options offered to players to choose between are the following:
Option A: Without having to open the inventory, the players should be able to check the availability and quantity of consumable items and grenades through the in-game UI.
- As a competitive shooter, the player must have all information readily available to facilitate fast decision-making and focus on tactics and combat.
- Opening the inventory screen greatly reduces the player’s situational awareness and hinders their ability to concentrate on the competition.
- The availability of this information allows low-level players to perform at a higher standard and provides greater accessibility to new players.
Option B: Just as it is now, the players must choose when to open their inventory or preemptively memorize their own status.
- As a realistic battle royale, too much information can detract from the immersive experience.
- Understanding the risks of checking your inventory during certain situations is part of the battle royale experience.
- The ability to make quick decisions based on the player’s understanding of their current status, without relying on the UI, is one of many important skills in battle royale.
- A minimal UI in the game improves immersion, which in turn provides more enjoyable and intense moments.
For the players who are used to getting weekly updates, they shouldn’t be surprised to see there is none planned this week. According to the PUBG Twitter, due to an unresolved client crash issue, they are not able to push an update at this time. We’ll still have to bask in the previous Week 16 update, while trying not to get banned due to the new Rules of Conduct.