PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has a new update that will hit the live servers on Thursday, July 13th, if everything goes as planned on PTR. These updates are now live on the public test server for players to try them out and report any bugs. You’ll have to wait a day or more for them to launch in the game.
Early Access Week 16 Patch Notes
Unlike the previous Week 15 update, the one that added the Southeast Asia server, it’s highly unlikely we’ll be seeing a new server this time. Players hope to be able to test the new Peru Desert Map, at least. The first map images were shown more than a week ago, and it sparked hope that we’ll enjoy it soon enough. A few days later, we got some more hints at this. Brendan Greene talked about the state of game in the Roadmap Update, stating that PUBG is still scheduled to come out from early access by the end of this year. With the second map set in Adriatic area and the release date, we might yet get to enjoy the desert settings this summer. At least not IRL only.
As of this update, the players will be not able to shoot in “submarine” mode, and can now spectate their teammate’s screen in color, along with a few other fixes.
- Optimized Care Package airplane
- Improved UI performance
- Fixed an issue where the starting airplane became immobile in sky at the very start of a round
- Fixed inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution
- You can always spectate your teammate’s screen in color now
- You can no longer fire weapons in a vehicle from underwater
- Fixed an issue when you could not pick up mags from some areas of the lobby (starting island)
- You no longer have to press the F key to pass through doors destroyed by grenades or Red Zone bombs
- Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won’t be zooming in when revived
- Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically
- Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open