The Rocket League anniversary update v1.35 brings a lot of new content, as well as other changes, updates and various bug fixes. On July 7th, two years ago, the game made its debut. Since that day, it has been one of the favorite games of many players.
Rocket League 1.35 Patch Notes
The v1.35 patch notes are pretty hefty. They include information about new content, goal explosions, changes and updates, bug fixes, and so on. The updates, as well as other news, are posted on the official site, where you can read the full notes about the update that are not included here, such as the bug fixes.
- “Champions Field” is now available in all Playlists, and in Private Matches
- Engine Audio, Goal Explosions, and Trails have been added as Car Customization categories
- “Overdrive” Crate has been added
- “Champions” Crate Series has been retired
- Competitive Season 4 has ended, and Season 4 Rewards are being distributed to qualifying players
- Competitive Season 5 is beginning
- Rick and Morty items are now available as drops after all matches
New Content includes new stuff, as well as changes in arenas, crates, trails, goal explosions, engine audio, community flags, antennas, decals, Rick and Morty items (as drops after matches), the RLCS Season Three World Championship Attendee item, achievements and trophies.
- “Champions Field” is now available in all Playlists, and in Private Matches.
- “Starbase ARC” has been updated with new visuals and reduced brightness.
- Boost pads are now standardized in all standard Arenas.
- “Overdrive” Crate has been added.
- When received, the Overdrive Crate will display as “Crate – Overdrive” in your inventory.
- “Champions” Crate Series has been retired.
- Trails are now available in the Car Customization menu.
- Trails appear behind the Wheels when your Battle-Car goes SuperSonic.
- Every player has the “Classic” Trail by default.
- More Trails are available in the Overdrive Crate.
- Goal Explosions are now available in the Car Customization menu.
- Every player has the “Classic” Goal Explosion by default.
- New Goal Explosions are available as Common drops after all online and offline matches.
- More Goal Explosions are available in the Overdrive Crate.
- Engine Audio is now available in the Car Customization menu.
- You have access to Engine Audio for every Battle-Car you own.
- The Engine Audio can be changed on any Battle-Car in your Garage.
- Engine Audio for all existing Battle-Cars has been updated.
Achievements and Trophies
- Storm Trooper – Equip a Very Rare Item and complete a game in an Arena with turbulent weather
- Good Times – Head to Champions Field and complete an Online game
- Swap Meet – Trade and receive one or more items with another player in a single transaction
- Trade Secret – Trade In five items of the same quality to receive an item of the next-highest quality
- Rank Up – Complete all placement matches in any Competitive Playlist
- Coming On Strong – Score or Assist a combined 30 goals or assists in Casual or Competitive Online matches
Changes and updates are not far behind the new stuff in terms of the length of the notes. They include stuff like general, competitive season 4 and 5, and car standardization changes, user interface and audio adjustments, and more. For example, players now have 50 car preset slots, season 4 has ended and the rewards are being handed, and much more.
As for the general bug fixes, there’s updated car bumping and demolition, the ball should no longer get “stuck” in Free Play Training, the duplicate item sound no longer plays when scrolling through items in the Garage, and so on.
Rocket League is available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will come out on Nintendo Switch during holiday season 2017. The Nintendo Switch version of Rocket League will run at 60 FPS and 720p, both docked and undocked, according to Psyonix VP Jeremy Dunham.