Psyonix have released a new update for Rocket League, along with the patch notes. The update is all bug fixes, with a couple of minor visual and audio tweaks thrown in. Among other things, Causal Matches won’t get canceled if there’s not enough players on the server, the bug where players would automatically say “Great Pass!” in Quick Chat has been fixed, and so on.
There’s a new patch out for Rocket League. It’s nothing major this time around: the usual bug fixes, audio and video improvements, and the like. It patches up the grass issues some players have been experiencing on lower graphical settings, the Champions Field Announcer narration timing has been tweaked, the Car Engine volume is getting reduced, that kind of stuff. Probably the biggest improvement is that bots will again fill in slots for missing players in Casual Matches instead of the whole match getting canceled.
You can find the full patch notes below, as they appear on the official Rocket League website.
- Casual Matches will no longer cancel if the server does not have enough players. Bots will once again fill slots for missing players
- The “Find Match” button on the Matchmaking menu can now be selected/highlighted, allowing you to search for a match by pressing A (Xbox) or Cross (PS4) when the button is selected
- Further optimized Supersonic Trails that were causing FPS and performance issues on some hardware
- Fixed a bug with Quick Chat that caused players to automatically say “Great Pass!” or other options instead of being able to select an intended chat option
- Fixed a bug where typing in Party Chat in the Main Menu would skip songs in the selected Playlist
- Reverted a change that caused Controller Vibration to be weaker since the Anniversary update
- The “Hide Competitive Divisions” option will now work correctly with the new Find Match menu
- Corrected a suspension issue with the Batmobile and Mantis that caused them to be more visually elevated than pre-Anniversary Update
- Fixed issues with the grass on Champions Field on Low and Medium Graphics settings
- Fixed a bug with Spectator cameras focusing on the center of the field after a goal is scored
- Fixed issue where an item’s quality was not being verified during a trade
- Reduced Car Engine volume relative to other sounds and made distant cars less audible
- Corrected timing on Champions Field Announcer narration