Gek conversations are dialogue puzzles in No Man’s Sky. When speaking to Gek aliens, you’ll have several choices to pick from – some yielding rewards, others damaging your interstellar reputation.
If you don’t know a lot of words from the Gek language, it can be tough to figure out what choice is the best. This guide will show you answers to all Gek optional conversations in No Man’s Sky, and their outcomes.
Gek Quest Dialogue
1. Description: I have caught the trader red-handed. Products and elements are pouring out of the facility’s storage vaults, and into its own inventory. Above the gentle buzz of embezzlement that now surrounds us, I can hear the lifeform’s terrified gulps. It looks me straight in the eyes, and makes a proposition. Answers:
Report crime (Gek Valued cusmoter or above) – You’ll get a blueprint and improve your Gek reputation.
Demand a share
Demand all stolen goods
2. Description: The trader seems ill. Its skin is flaking, and its eyes lack a certain luster. It slowly gabbles at me, and as it does its voice croaks. A strange dry, flat stench fills every corner of the facility. I inspect my exosuit for things I could offer it… Answers:
Give water from exosuit’s hydration system – You’ll increase your Gek standing and get a crafting schematic.
Give food from exosuit’s nutrient system
3. Description: The trader looks weak, but somehow cunning. It spins its datapad towards me, and I can see that it’s a multi-tool sales-creature. The prices of its technology blueprints are, however, eye-watering. It eyes me with a wary interest, waiting to see if I’ll bite… Answers:
Pressure lifeform into accepting less (10 UNITS) – You’ll get a blueprint, but your Gek reputation will decrease.
Pay requested amount (1000 UNITS)
4. Description: The trader has been expecting me. It points to itself, opens its arms wide and beams pleasantly. It then points to me, and mimes its concern for my safety. It then pecks at my exosuit, indicating that it can make my journey more bearable. Answers:
Request help with planetary conditions – This will get you some reputation and a new blueprint.
Request help with the Sentinels – Gek reputation increase, and Multi-tool.
5. Description: The small creature is busy adding up trade profits when I appear. Its eyes open wide in anticipation of our first contact, and it rubs its fingers together greedily.
It pecks emphatically at the monetary figures on its pad, then bounces up and down. I can’t help but notice that it smells amazing. Answers:
Pat the lifeform on the head – This will decrease your Gek reputation and the alien will refuse to speak to you again.
Apologise for being unable to help
Give units (10 UNITS) – This one will increase your Gek reputation and get you a blueprint.
We’re going to update this guide with more conversations as we delve further into the game.
Thanks to James, Justus, Eva Rolloff, Izulien, LynW, Mavrick88, Frostschaden, FunkyHoratio, William, Crav, Kain1356, Chris, Dee, Veny and others for the additional info.