There are 18 quintillion planets in No Man’s Sky. It’s fair to say every player is going to get to name at least a few dozen of them. The process is simple, but may not be obvious at first glance. This guide will show you how to name planets in No Man’s Sky.
No Man’s Sky Planet Name ChangeWhenever you discover a planet, it will be added to your journal. You’ll be able to change the name (only once per planet) and upload your discovery for the rest of the world to see. You’ll also receive 2000 Units for each find. Here’s how it works:
- Press the Options button.
- Go to the Discoveries tab.
- Find the desired planet in the list on the left.
- Hover over it with the cursor.
- Hold triangle.
- Enter the name you’d like and press R2.