When does Overwatch 2 preload go live? When can you preload Overwatch 2 on Battle.net, PlayStation, and Xbox? The wait is finally over! After years of almost complete silence, fans will finally be able to play OW2. If you are a veteran player who can’t wait to finally jump into the action, you will probably want to be prepared. And that’s why you want to install OW2 upfront so that you can play the game immediately when it releases. In our guide, we explain how to preload Overwatch 2 on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, as well as on Battle.net. Furthermore, we provide the exact OW2 preload start date and time. Finally, we detail the Overwatch 2 download size on all platforms.
Overwatch 2 Preload Start Date & Time on PS5, PS4, XBox, and PC
When is the Overwatch 2 preload and when does it go live on each platform? If that’s the question you’re looking for an answer to, you’re at the right place. However, before that, make sure to add the mandatory phone number. Below, we outline the OW2 preload start dates and times on all platforms.
- PC via Battle.net – OW2 preload starts on September 30th, at 1:30 pm PT / 4:30 pm ET / 9:30 pm BST / 10:30 pm CEST.
- PlayStation 5 & PlayStation 4 – OW2 preload starts on October 4th at 9 am PT / 12 pm PT / 5 pm BST / 6 pm CEST.
- Xbox Series X/S & Xbox One – OW2 preload starts on October 4th at 9 am PT / 12 pm PT / 5 pm BST / 6 pm CEST.
- Nintendo Switch – OW2 preload starts on October 4th at 9 am PT / 12 pm PT / 5 pm BST / 6 pm CEST.
Overwatch 2 Download Size on PS5, PS4, Xbox, and PC
The installation size of Overwatch 2 has also been revealed. Below you can find the Overwatch 2 file size on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC, so that you know how much free space will you need to allocate for Overwatch 2 pre-download.
- Xbox Series X/S – around ~30 GB
- Xbox One – around ~30 GB
- PlayStation 5 – around ~30 GB
- PlayStation 4 – around ~30 GB
- PC via Battle.net – ~50 GB
- Nintendo Switch – around ~30 GB
How to Preload Overwatch 2 on PlayStation (PS4 & PS5)
Preloading a game on PlayStation consoles via PlayStation Network is a pretty simple thing to do. Nonetheless, we have a short tutorial describing step-by-step what you need to do:
- Head to your library from the PlayStation home screen.
- Select “Purchased” games.
- Look for Overwatch 2 and select it.
- If Overwatch 2 is available for preload, the “Download” button below the icon of the game will appear.
- Push the Download button.
- Your PlayStation will start downloading OW2.
- Keep the console turned on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded, lest you will interrupt the process.
How to Preload Overwatch 2 on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Preloading games on Xbox consoles is also not a particularly complicated procedure. You’ve probably done it before, but just in case this is your first time, we have a guide for you:
- Open “My games and apps” from the Xbox home screen.
- Select “Games”.
- Find Overwatch 2 and select it.
- Press “A” to open the installation menu.
- Select “Manage installation on Internal”.
- If Overwatch 2 is available for pre-download you will be able to checkmark “will install”.
- Select “Save changes” and OW2 will start downloading.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded.