Cobalion is a Legendary Steel/Fighting Pokemon that was introduced to the franchise in Generation V. It has been a part of Pokemon GO for several years now and to get it, you first need to defeat it in a 5-Star Raid. Of course, this is easier said than done. To help you beat and get Cobalion in Pokemon GO Raid 2022, you’ll need to know its weakness and the best moveset it has, so that you know which Pokemon are the best counters for it.
Pokemon GO Cobalion Weakness & Counters
The Cobalion 5-star Raid Battles are going to begin this Thursday, December 15th, 2022, at 10 AM your Local Time and last until Friday, December 23rd, 2022, at 10 AM your Local Time. There is also going to be a Raid Hour that features Cobalion on December 21st, 2022, from 6 to 7 PM your local time.
Cobalion is resistant to Normal, Steel, Ice, Grass, Dragon, Dark, Poison, Rock, and Bug moves. However, it is weak to Fighting, Ground, and Fire moves. As such, here are the best counters for Cobalion:
- Terrakion – Double Kick and Sacred Sword.
- Reshiram – Fire Fang and Overheat.
- Lucario – Counter and Aura Sphere.
- Pheromosa – Low Kick and Focus Blast.
- Chandelure – Fire Spin and Overheat.
- Volcarona – Fire Spin and Overheat.
- Blaziken – Counter and Blast Burn.
- Conkeldurr – Counter and Dynamic Punch.
Pokemon GO Cobalion Best Moveset
Cobailon has two Quick Moves and four Charged Moves that it can use as a Raid Boss. These are:
- Quick Move – Zen Headbutt (Psychic).
- Quick Move – Metal Claw (Steel).
- Charged Move – Close Combat (Fighting).
- Charged Move – Stone Edge (Rock).
- Charged Move – Iron Head (Steel).
- Charged Move – Sacred Sword (Fighting).
Can Cobalion be Shiny in Pokemon GO?
Yes, Cobalion can indeed be Shiny in Pokemon GO. If you are lucky enough, you may end up getting a Shiny version of this Legendary Pokemon.