If you want to know the best Pokemon GO Genesect with Chill Drive counters, weakness and moveset, you’ve come to the right place. This particular version of Genesect will be appearing in five-star Raids from August 10th to August 18th, 2022. Plus, there will be two Raid hours, on August 10th and 17th from 6 PM to 7 PM local time. So, you’ll need all the help you can get. With that said, let’s dive straight in!
Pokemon GO Genesect Counters
Before we get into its weakness and moveset, let’s cover the best counters for Genesect with a Chill Drive in Pokemon GO right from the jump. In the list below, we’ll give you ten options that should bring the Bug/Steel Pokemon to its knees pretty efficiently. If you have any other ideas, feel free to share them in the comments.
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Mega Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Chandelure with Fire Spin or Incinerate and Overheat
- Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Moltres (Shadow or regular) with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Entei (Shadow or regular) with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Darmanitan with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Flamethrower
- Flareon with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Infernape with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
Genesect Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO
Now that we’ve covered some of the best Chill Drive Genesect counters in Pokemon GO, let’s dive a bit more into its weakness and best moveset. As you might have gathered from the list above, this Pokemon’s only real Achilles’ heel is Fire, from which it takes a whopping 256% damage. However, Genesect can handle many types of attacks, almost as if to compensate for how weak it is against Fire. Specifically, Fairy, Normal, Bug, Ice, Dragon and Steel attacks deal 63% damage, and Grass and Poison do a paltry 39%.
As for the best Genesect moveset, you want to have Magnet Bomb (Steel) as the Charged Attack. Either of the possible two Quick Attacks should work pretty well with it. Really, it’s entirely up to whether you want a full Steel build or you want to add a bit of Bug for spice. By the way, Genesect’s two Quick Moves are Fury Cutter (Bug) and Metal Claw (Steel). The other two possible Charge moves are Hyper Beam (Normal) and X-Scissor (Bug).