In our Pokemon GO Giratina Altered Weakness, Counters & Best Moveset guide, we are going to cover everything you need to know to fight Altered Forme Giratina in Raid battles (and in general). We are going to list Pokemon that make the most of Giratina’s weaknesses, as well as which attacks you should give it for an optimal build. Let’s begin!
Pokemon GO Giratina Altered Weakness & Counters
We are going to begin with exploring the weakness and best counters for Altered Forme Giratina in Pokemon GO, and we’ll follow that with the best moveset. This Pokemon is weak against Ghost, Ice, Dragon, Fairy and Dark attacks, all of which deal 160% damage. In the list below, we are going to give you a number of Pokemon that should prove very effective in this fight. You’ll notice that there are a lot of Dragon types in it; that’s because Giratina Altered is really powerful, so you want to really bring the pain.
- Mega Gengar with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Shadow Salamence with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Shadow Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Mega Latios (or Shadow) with Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw
- Mega Latias (or Shadow) with Dragon Breath and Outrage
- Palkia with Dragon Tail and Draco Meteor
- Rayquaza with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Garchomp with Dragon Tail and Outrage
- Mega Banette with Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball
- Shadow Mamoswine with Powder Snow and Avalanche
- Mega Houndoom (or Shadow) with Snarl and Foul Play
- Mega Absol (or Shadow) with Snarl and Payback
- Shadow Gardevoir with Charm and Dazzling Gleam
- Mega Abomasnow with Powder Snow and Weather Ball
Pokemon GO Altered Forme Giratina Best Moveset
So, now we know what the best Giratina Altered weakness and counters in Pokemon GO, so now let’s dive into its best moveset. Now, the Altered Forme Giratina is is a Ghost / Dragon Pokemon, and it’s probably best to play to its strengths. So, my recommendation would be to pick Shadow Claw (Ghost) as the Quick Attack and Dragon Claw (Dragon) as the Charged Attack. If you want to, you can also go full dragon with Dragon Breath as the Quick Move. Another alternative is a full Ghost “build” with Shadow Sneak as the Charged Attack. To be honest, that’s pretty much the entirety of Altered Giratina’s moveset, anyway. The only other attack on its list is the Ancient Power (Rock) Charged Attack.