In our Pokemon GO Groudon Counters, Weakness, Best Moveset guide, we’ll show you all you need to know about this particular pokemon and how to fight it. This is going to be very useful knowledge in the coming days, since Groudon will be appearing in five-star Raids from June 7th to June 16th, as well as in two Raid hours (on June 8th and 15th). With all that said, let’s get straight into it!
Pokemon GO Groudon Counters
The best potential Groudon counters in Pokemon GO are numerous, and you just have to make sure your choices match its weakness and can handle its moveset. In the list below, we’ll give you several options that you can use in this Raid battle. Feel free to share your own ideas in the comments below.
- Mega Blastoise (or regular) with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Mega Venusaur (or regular) with Vine Whip and Frenzy Plant
- Mega Gyarados (or regular) with Waterfall and Hydro Pump
- Mega Abomasnow (or regular) with Razor Leaf and Weather Ball
- Darmanitan (Galarian Zen) with Ice Fang and Avalanche
- Zarude with Vine Whip and Power Whip
- Kyogre with Waterfall and Surf
- Roserade with Razor Leaf and Solar Beam or Grass Knot
- Swampert with Water Gun and Hydro Cannon
- Tangrowth (Shadow or regular) with Vine Whip and Power Whip
- Mamoswine (Shadow or regular) with Powder Snow and Avalanche
Groudon Weakness & Best Moveset in Pokemon GO
Now that we know what some of the best counters for Groudon in Pokemon GO are, let’s get into its weakness and moveset. We’ll start with the wweaknesses, because as you might have surmised based on the list above, it has more than one. Namely, Groudon takes 160% damage from Water, Grass and Ice attacks. So, any Pokemon of those types should work fine. On the other hand, Poison and Rock deal 63% damage, and Electric a paltry 39%.
As for its moveset, Groudon has two possible Quick Attacks, Dragon Tail (Dragon) and Mud Shot (Ground). As for Charged Attacks, it can have Earthquake (Ground), Solar Beam (Grass), Fire Blast (Fire) and Fire Punch (Fire, Elite TM). Most sources seem to agree that the combination of Dragon Tail and Earthquake is the best one, but go for whatever works best for your needs.