In our Pokemon GO Mega Glalie Counters, Weakness & Best Moveset guide, we will give you the information you’ll need to fight this Pokemon efficiently and build it properly. Mega Glalie will be in Mega Raids from December 15th to December 23rd, so you’ll need to prepare. So, with that said, let’s begin.
Pokemon GO Mega Glalie Counters & Weakness
We will begin by covering the best counters for Mega Glalie in Pokemon GO and what its major weakness is, and then we’ll move over to its moveset. This Pokemon is weak against Fire, Rock, Steel and Fighting attacks, all of which deal 160% damage. So, those are what we’ll be focusing on. Since it’s a Mega Pokemon, the majority of the list will be Shadow or Mega themselves, but we’ll throw in a few regular ones for balance. So, with all of that said, here are the best counters for Mega Glalie, in no particular order.
- Mega Charizard (X or Y, or Shadow) with Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Mega Blaziken (or regular) with Counter and Blast Burn
- Shadow Metagross (or regular) with Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash
- Terrakion with Double Kick and Sacred Sword
- Reshiram with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Ordinaro Keldeo (or regular) with Low Kick and Sacred Sword
- Shadow Entei with Fire Fang and Overheat
- Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Flamethrower or Fire Blast
- Shadow Moltres with Fire Spin and Overheat
- Shadow Ho-Oh with Incinerate and Sacred Fire
- Shadow Machamp with Counter and Dynamo Punch
Pokemon GO Mega Glalie Best Moveset
So, let’s dive into the best moveset of Mega Glalie in Pokemon GO now that we know its weakness and counters. Now, we’re talking about a powerful Ice-type, and therefore, it’s best to play to its strengths. The best combination is Frost Breath as the Quick Move and Avalanche as the Charged Attack. The second best build, just by a hair, is substituting Frost Breath for Ice Shard. All of these are Ice attacks.
With that said, Mega Glalie does have two more Charged Attacks. The first one is Shadow Ball, which is a Ghost move, and Gyro Ball, which is a Steel attack. If you feel like you can make use of either of those instead of Avalanche, go for it. However, I won’t recommend it. Oh, and one last bit – yes, Mega Glalie can be shiny.