Niantic has released a new update for Pokemon GO. The app is now version 0.73.1 on Android devices and 1.43.1. The update adds several new options that sound pretty useful, and it also fixes some annoying bugs. Most importantly, Raid Bosses will no longer escape from the last Premier Ball by default.
The new Pokemon GO update is out, and the changes it introduces are more than welcome. It adds new options to the game, and fixes some truly headache-inducing glitches. For example, you’ll be able to see how many players are preparing for a raid (or have already entered) before you use your Raid Pass. You can also check your Pokemon’s moves list in the Pokemon Collection by using @.
As for bug fixes, aside from “various”, the update patches up to major annoyances. For one, trainers using a Lucky Egg during a Raid Battle will see that they’ve gotten the double XP. The second major fix concerns Raid Bosses and how they always broke free from the last Premier Ball. This made many people angry, and I’m sure we’ll be able to breathe more easily knowing that the last Premier Ball won’t necessarily be a dud.
You can check out the full patch notes from the update below, as they appear on the official Pokemon GO website.
- Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym using the Pokémon GO Plus accessory.
- Added the ability to view the number of Trainers entered, and preparing, for a Raid Battle before using a Raid Pass.
- Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality by allowing Trainers to search through their Pokémon’s moves using the @ character.
- Resolved a bug which caused the Raid Boss to always break free from the last Premier Ball.
- Resolved a bug that prevented Trainers from seeing they’d received double XP from Raid Battles when using a Lucky Egg.
- Various bug fixes.