The makers of Rogue Company have cooked up a new update for the game, called Arctic Shield. It brings in a bunch of new and very welcome content. You can look forward to a new map and new Rogue, as well as a new in-game event, spectator mode, and more. Best of all, the whole bunch is free for all players.
If you ask me, the most fun part of the Arctic Shield update is the new character, Sigrid. She’s exactly the type of character I like, fast and in-your-face. Of course, the rest of the stuff is nothing to turn our noses at, as you’ll see in the list below, from the press release.
- New Map: Glacier – A cutting edge, fully automated cable laying ship ‘the Domain’ has been hijacked by Jackal in the Arctic and it’s up to Rogue Company to take it back. Glacier features frantic close quarters combat, quick rotations and generous flanking opportunities.
- New Rogue: Sigrid – As a former member of the Jegertroppen, Norway’s all-female special operations force, Sigrid is highly trained and highly motivated. While others might balk at being shot at, Sigrid has always been fearless when it comes to her own mortality, however some think her frontline ‘brute force’ attitude is reckless. Sigrid’s signature Active Ability is her Ballistic Shield, which she can deploy to block all incoming damage from the front.
- New In-Game Event: The Frigid Haul – Players can unlock 12 rewards for free, including holiday-themed skins, sprays, and a title.
- New Spectator Mode – In order to better facilitate competitive play and the community based tournaments, First Watch Games is introducing an early iteration of Spectator mode. In Custom games, players will have the opportunity to move between various team members and view their gameplay.
- New Practice Mode: Strikeout – Players can jump in with bots to train, test new strategies, or warm up on any of the eight currently available Strikeout maps.
So, there you have it; that’s what you can look forward to in the Arctic Shield update, in brief. If you want more details, you can check out the detailed notes on the Rogue Company website. Also, you can get to know Sigrid better via her trailer below.